Is $14.15 a fair buyout price for Globecomm (GCOM) shareholders?
The board of directors of Globecomm Systems, Inc. (GCOM) announced that the company entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Wasserstein & Co. The proposed transaction is subject to a proxy vote by Globecomm shareholders. The buyout values Globecomm at roughly $340 million and,should the Globecomm shareholders approve the merger, each Globecomm stockholder will receive $14.15 for each share of GCOM common stock they own. One analyst set a price target for Globecomm stock at $18.00 per share.
Globecomm buyout raises an obvious question: Is this the best the GCOM board could do?
If you own the common stock of Globecomm and are concerned about the transaction and would like to learn more about how to begin a cost free corporate review of this merger, please fill out the contact form on this web page or call Attorney George Pressly at 1-(800)-631-6234.
Globecomm board of directors owe GCOM shareholders specific duties when selling the company
- Is $340 million a fair market capitalization for Globecomm?
- Can a Globecomm get more than $14.15 for each share? A fair question given the fact that Globecomm shares have traded higher than the offer price as recently as August 16, 2013.
- Did the Globecomm board of directors obtain an appraisal from an independent investment bank?
- What did the independent appraisal show?
- Did the board of directors engage other potential suitors?
- Will the proxy statement contain accurate and complete disclosures about future executive compensation packages?
Globecomm (GCOM) merge or takeover shareholder lawsuit investigation
State security laws provide shareholders a no cost means to question a proposed sale of a publicly traded company. This review process is deemed a shareholder class action and affords at times shareholders an avenue to investigate fully the proposed transaction. At minimum, this process often obtains answers to the above questions. If you own the common stock of Globecomm and if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please fill out the contact form on this web page.