American Realty Capital Properties and Cole Real Estate Investments (Cole) announced that the two companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement whereby Cole will be acquired by American Realty Capital Properties. The transaction, including debt, values Cole at approximately $11.2 billion. Under the terms of the proposal, public shareholders of Cole will receive $13.82 or 1.0929 shares of American Realty common stock for each share of Cole common stock they own.
If you own the common stock of Cole Real Estate Investments and are concerned about the transaction and would like to learn more about how to begin a cost-free corporate review of this merger, please fill out the contact form on this web page or call Attorney George Pressly at 1-(800)-631-6234.
Cole’s board of directors owe Cole shareholders specific duties when selling the company
- Is $18.82 per share a fair price for Cole shareholders?
- Does the Cole merger agreement contain an unfair termination provision?
- Does the merger agreement limit the ability of Cole to obtain additional suitors or to accept additional proposals?
- Did the Cole board of directors obtain a fairness opinion from an independent investment bank?
- What did the independent fairness show?
- Did the board of directors engage other potential suitors?
- Will there be full disclosure regarding future executive compensation packages?
Cole merger or takeover shareholder lawsuit investigation
State security laws provide shareholders a no cost means to question a proposed sale of a publicly traded company. This review process is deemed a shareholder class action and affords at times shareholders an avenue to investigate fully the proposed transaction. At minimum, this process often obtains answers to the above questions. If you own the common stock of Cole and if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please fill out the contact form on this web page.